1. Votes and comments made during the Gaithersburg West Master Plan process (’Science
City’) . Possible points 5.
2. Forum for At-Large Candidates on May 12, 2010. Possible points 3
3. Comments made by At-Large Candidates in the MCEA questionnaires. (See Election Press
page on www.scale-it-back.com). Possible points 5
4. The Sierra Club of Montgomery County first round of endorsements. Possible points 5
5. Germantown forum for At-Large Candidates , July 12, 2010. Possible points 3
6. Clarksburg forum for District 2 and At-Large Candidates, July 28, 2010. Possible points 3
7. Democratic forum at the Casey Community Center for At-Large Candidates, August 8, 2010.
Possible points 3
8. County Council At-Large Candidates Forum, August 23, Montgomery College. Possible
9. Aspen Hill Civic Association Candidate Forum, August 30. Possible points 3.
10. Points have also been given for comments made in the press or at community meetings
that are consistent with the criteria above.
11. Points have been given to the candidates who did not rely heavily on the development
industry for funding which could, and likely will, influence their decisions. The candidates
who have kept their development-related contributions under 20% have received 5 points
each. The candidates who received more than 20% of their contributions from developers
and special interests did not receive any points.
Percentage of campaign contributions from developers and special interests:
Nancy Floreen – over 50%
George Leventhal - 40% to 50%
Becky Wagner - 20% to 40%
Craig Rice (District 2) - over 60%
Jane de Winter
Phil Andrews (District 3)
Sharon Dooley (District 2)
Royce Hanson (District 2)
Roger Berliner (District 1)
Ilaya Hopkins (District 1)